Thursday 11 July 2013

Fibre-Pillows



FIBRE PILLOWS IN KENYA-NAIROBI
Because the pillows looked fuller, I thought I would be having the best nights ever; having procrastinated about buying pillows for close to 2 months.
I had just dumped my old “Campus Pillows” and it was time to go new. So I meet this hawker on a street in Langata, and he is carrying what looks like “Posh” pillows. Its 200bob each, and I haggle to 150 because I am taking 2! Getting home, I dress them in the nicest pillow cases I have been keeping in my closet.
But ALAS! I can’t lay my head on them. They are too stiff to use. So they just become bed my decorations during the day but I toss them during the night.
Tired of sleeping without pillows, I walk to Tuskys and buy two nice fiber pillows; from then on, I only have sweet cool dreams! But only after digging too deep in my pocket.
I pay 850bob for each spinners & Spinners Fibre-filled pillow each weighting 1kg. However, I come to agree it’s a good deal since sometimes I bury my head in-there and forget to wake-up! So So comfortable.
Where to Buy Fibre for Pillows In Nairobi---Homemade Fibre Pillows
But being the haggler I am; I think, what makes this nice pillows? Where can I get this Fibre fillings in Nairobi.  Is Pillow fibre available in Kenya. I ask a “fundi” where I can get the Fibre and he directs me to Gikomba Hardware Market. So one Saturday afternoon, I decide to get to Gikomba to check-out. I walk around Equity bank Area and finally decide on a neat Store. I ask whether they sell fibre and they tell me they do.
The price is somewhere between 350-400/kg. I carry a huge load of 5kg; huge because it takes in a lot of air. “Hii ni Fiber”, I walk away smiling. When I get home, I take the exact measurements of the Spinners & spinner pillow cases and I make exactly similar pillows. You do not want to imagine how cozy they are!! See images of one of my bedrooms

So next time don’t dare buy those hawker pillows if you want value for your money. Rush to Kikosh and buy the fiber. If you cannot afford time to kikosh, give me a call, and I will deliver to you neatly made fibre-filled pillows within Nairobi. This will come with the outer cotton sheath only and you will have to buy cases separately if you need.
Lets talks at wambuielma {at} gmail dot com

4 comments:

  1. Hey,i see the post is a little old but can i possibly get some pillows.and if so,for how much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows look great. I would like to visit your shop and buy some. Thank you for sharing information about your business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elma, does Gikomba hardare still exist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the most worthy blog post I've ever read,been all over the inter-webs looking for this answer...you are awesome....
    Keep on,keeping on....

    ReplyDelete